18 Jan Spectacular HB 2334 Finance Committee Hearing Turnout!
We are so proud of our WA State Martial Arts community coming together Friday morning in Olympia to show their support for HB 2334! 400 people filled up the main conference room, 4 other overflow rooms and the hallways. This was an important step in our battle to overturn HB 1550, but we are far from done. HELP US FIGHT FOR YOU!
Here are 3 action items that can make a difference:
- Like our FB Page to stay up to date on the fight to overturn the unfair retail sales tax imposed by HB 1550.
- Email your legislators and ask them to support HB 2334. Visit the district finder web page to find your legislators and then click on their name to submit an email.
- Donate to the WA State Martial Arts Association to help us fight for you! The unfair retail tax imposed by HB 1550 will add almost $10 for every $100 spent in WA State Martial Arts Schools. So, let’s do some rough math with Seattle’s 9.6% retail sales tax rate:
- $100/month for marital arts = an extra $115 in taxes/year for students & families
- $150/month for martial arts = an extra $172 in taxes/year for students & families
- $200/month for martial arts = an extra $230 in taxes/year for students & families
Students! Please invest $10, $20, $50, $100 or more TODAY. If our efforts are successful, you will save $$$ this year with your donation. Please donate now. If every martial arts student in the state donated just $10 we would crush our fundraising goals!
School Owners! Please invest $100, $200, $300, $600 or more TODAY. This retail sales tax negatively impacts our students, our schools and our industry. Please donate now. If our efforts are successful, we will be able to retain more students, keep martial arts accessible to new students and continue to provide invaluable services to our communities. If every school owner in the state donated just $100 we would crush our fundraising goals!
“A woman fights off and helps catch a rapist, a kid gains self confidence, your schools teach life skills and positivity… they want to tax THAT???” -Overheard in Olympia on Friday 01/15/16
Thank you in advance for your support!
Mr. Chris Herrman – Board Member Washington State Martial Arts Association